Medicare’s open enrollment season is upon us. That means from now until December 7, you are able to make changes to your Medicare Advantage and prescription drug coverage. If you’re happy with your coverage, you don’t have to do anything. Even if you’re satisfied, open enrollment presents a great opportunity to make sure you’re getting the most out of Medicare.
Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Ask yourself some important questions: Have your needs changed? Is your current coverage adequate? Will the cost of your current plan be going up? Are there comparable, lower-cost plans available?
- Review the annual notice of change from your current plan provider. You should have received this in September.
- Compare plans using medicare.gov’s Medicare Plan Finder.
- Get one-on-one assistance from the State Health Insurance Assistance Program.
- Call the Medicare Rights Center at 800.333.4114 for free counseling.
Medicare decisions can be complicated, but with the right tools and information, it doesn’t have to be. Raymond James is partnered with HealthPlanOne to provide you with personalized service, unbiased advice, and additional support from a dedicated licensed agent. There is no cost to use HealthPlanOne’s services and those services don’t end after enrollment. Your licensed agent will continue to provide support throughout the lifetime of your enrollment for coverage questions, appeals and plan renewals.
To learn more about HealthPlanOne, call the dedicated Raymond James number at 844-269-2646.
If you have any questions about open enrollment, or if you’d like to discuss how healthcare costs factor into your overall financial plan, please contact me so we can walk through the process together.
Please click on the link below to read an informational packet regarding your healthcare, retirement and choices: