How We Partner with You
An important part of your financial plan is evaluating your risk tolerance and then establishing an investment strategy. When you choose to partner with Goodrich and Associates, we help you manage and implement your investment portfolio. Of course, any successful relationship depends upon personal commitment, regular and open communication and informed decision making. Financial planning takes teamwork and it takes participation from both sides.
1. Prepare and maintain this Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
2. Provide you with a risk/return profile.
3. Prudently recommend investment alternatives.
4. Avoid conflicts of interest and prohibited transactions.
5. Monitor and review your portfolio in accordance with this IPS.
6. Communicate fees and investment expenses.
1. Be forthcoming about your current financial situation, as well as needs and objectives.
2. Read and carefully review all trade confirmations and account statements for accuracy and promptly report any errors.
3. Understand the total of all fees & commissions given the specific investment services provided.
4. Read carefully any investment literature, prospectuses and/or other offering documents, when applicable, prior to making investment decisions and purchases.
5. Report changes in your financial and personal circumstances in a timely manner to assure recommendations reflect all relevant factors.
6. Understand all investments have some degree of risk and it is possible to lose money on any investment.
Why Work With a Professional Financial Advisor?
Could you plan for your financial future without any help? People do it all the time, but we believe in the power of partnership. By building your team of skilled professionals, you also build a plan that is personalized and flexible. The advantages of teaming up with a financial advisor include:
Understanding Your Concerns
This means getting to know you and your family by gathering information about your current circumstances, future goals, aspirations and concerns.
Identifying Your Financial Goals
Your plan may be as straightforward as saving for retirement or a child’s education. But you may need a more complex solution, like selling your business and using the proceeds to develop a sustainable plan for retirement income and establish a charitable trust.
Assessing Your Tolerance for Risk
Your advisor will factor in your investment horizon and assess the types and levels of risk you can afford and with which you’re comfortable.
Collaborating With Your Team
When appropriate, your advisor can also work with your CPA, attorney and other professionals to help ensure all aspects of your financial and estate planning are addressed.
Designing and Implementing an Appropriate Investment Strategy
Your financial plan should not be an off-the-rack solution. Your advisor has access to in-depth evaluations of hundreds of potential investments and should offer objective, unbiased recommendations based on what’s best for you.
Managing, Monitoring and Adjusting Your Plan as Needed
Financial planning is an ongoing process that requires periodic review. If it becomes necessary to adjust components of your plan in light of changing circumstances and evolving objectives, you’ll make decisions and adjustments together.
Staying Focused on Long-Term Planning
Your advisor can help keep you apprised of relevant market developments and help you understand their implications. This helps ensure your financial decisions are based on facts and careful research, rather than emotions and market volatility.